Virtual Holiday Stories Happy Hour
Have an ELFIN’ good time!
The public event on Thanksgiving Day, Thurs 11/26 is SOLD OUT. Email [email protected] to book a private event.
Celebrate the season with family and friends on a virtual holiday event. Our team has spent more than 300 hours developing this fun and interactive Zoom experience.
Guests get a chance to to show off their personalities and creative sides. Nothing is pre-recorded, allowing for spontaneity and even audience participation!
You’ll dive into the hidden histories behind some of Chicago’s most beloved traditions, like Tom and Jerry cocktails and the Italian origins of little white lights.
Guests gaze at an eclectic mix of visuals, too, like vintage photography, 360-degree street views, and contemporary video and animation.
Sign up with friends and family for a Monday or Friday evening, or Saturday afternoon. Dates are filling up!
Stories from the past along with games and a virtual social dynamic make this unlike any other virtual thing to do for this holiday season!
For the most fun…
- HAVE YOUR CAMERA ON
- DRESS FESTIVELY
- BE READY TO LEARN
- BRING A DRINK!!!
What will you do during this one-hour festive holiday event?
- Virtually travel down the “Great State Street” to see holiday landmarks.
- Marvel at immersive indoor architecture of must-see holiday locales like the Palmer House.
- Hear origins of familiar and forgotten Christmas characters.
- Get out of your seat for a funky dance or just smile and be a wallflower!
- Compete in a creative challenge, and maybe win an award.
- Peek inside classic Chicago bars and learn about their holiday drinks.
- Collaborate in a historic storytelling scene.
Your Virtual Event Includes:
- Live narration by two expert Chicago Detours event hosts.
- Creative challenges and other interactive elements.
- A fun mix of visuals.
- Group capped at 45 guests.
Optional Chicago Gift:
Want to take notes and have a memento of the experience? Order our Badass Women Journal.